Managing Director, Carvers
Henry Carver joined the family business, in 1984 at a time when turnover was £2 million and the company employed 35 people. Now the firm’s turnover is £32.7m with more than 250 staff in service across all businesses. Carvers were established in 1896 as a builders’ merchant in Wolverhampton. More than 122 years later, Carvers are still going strong supplying building materials to customers throughout the region.
Henry was born locally and his family have been associated with the city for over 400 years.
He was a Board Member of the Wolverhampton Chamber of Commerce and is President of the Wolverhampton Business Forum. In 2017 Henry received an honorary degree from the University of Wolverhampton, which was awarded in recognition of ‘his service to the local community, particularly through his charitable endeavour’.
Henry became a Business Champion to bring the influence of local businesses into the development of the city.